WHAT ARE PSYCHIC ATTACKS
The term “Psychic Attack” is very difficult to describe, thus for a lack of better words: it can be described as a curse in the form of a thought. It is when people harbor ill feelings toward you and project it towards you either consciously or unconsciously. The thoughts can be so strong that it can affect you, your family and even your animals in a negative way. It will become more intense when people add words to their thoughts and agree with each other against you. (Think about this before you gossip about somebody again.)
Everything starts as a seed in the spiritual realm before it will manifest as something real here on earth. That’s the reason why the Bible says we must guard our thoughts AND WORDS.
Prov 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
It is possible to be a Christian and to experience psychic attacks. It is also possible to be on the receiving end of “friendly fire” – this means that it could be other Christians that are targeting you. Just because people are Christians it does not mean that they are perfect, they are still human. It can come from any religion or even people that do not believe that these things exist.
Most attacks happen unconsciously or because people are ignorant about it. Conscious attacks are evil and will not only harm the receiver of the evil intent, but also the person sending it. This is based on the spiritual law of sowing and reaping.
Gal 6:7-9 KJV
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
WHY DO PEOPLE ATTACK YOU
They may do this for a number of reasons of which I will only name a few:
1) They are plainly jealous of you for whatever reason:
a) They want the same spiritual gifts as you – gift of prophecy is a perfect example of this, but it can be any spiritual gift.
b) They want YOUR position in the church (Professional jealousy)
c) They want a successful business. (If yours is successful and theirs not).
d) You might be living out your calling being in God. You have Godly favor.
e) You accept and love other people and therefore have a lot of friends, which they do not have.
f) They are your “friends” but want to be superior to you (it makes them feel better from an inferiority complex). They harbor wishes of failure towards you in their hearts.
g) It is a “black sheep” person in a family that feels left out. They feel that somebody else in the family is stealing their love/favor/respect away. It can be competition for a parents love.
2) They have different values or view points and would like to force you into alignment with how they think – Example: They would like you to judge other religions harshly, ignore or behave in a disrespectful way (Are we not supposed to love ALL people – no matter what race or religion, whether we agree or not?)
3) Opposite spirits – When people are evil and they see others do good, they tend to despise this as weakness and throw hate towards them. Some people just hate others for no specific reason!
4) VERY IMPORTANT – some people suffer from rejection without you offending them in any way. They are open to misunderstandings. It is important to identify this and to have compassion on them and to act in the opposite spirit (shower them with love)
The above examples are very incomplete (this blog is about getting OUT of a psychic attack) and I would appreciate it if you could send in any questions that you might have in this regard. It is important to me to be able to do a more thorough discussion at a later stage.
CONSIDER WHY YOU ARE UNDER ATTACK – HAVE YOU WRONGED ANYONE?
Look at yourself FIRST – do introspection. Carefully consider if you also had a part to play. In the case of jealousy: did you brag about something? Look what happened to Joseph in the Bible. Did you do this to try and earn their respect/approval/validation? Did you make them feel inferior in the process? Did you by ANY means hurt anybody. That alone will open you up to being attacked yourself.
1) Feeling tired and depleted of energy constantly and for no reason.
2) Lack of concentration and no ability to complete easy tasks.
3) You get thoughts that is not your own – examples: “you will fail”, “you are a terrible person – you do not deserve this blessing on your life”, “people do not really love you – they are false”. There are many more examples like these!
4) Physical symptoms such as headaches, nausea, stomach cramps.
5) Confusion and forgetfulness.
6) Depressed for no reason!
7) Thinking of the person constantly and “knowing” that they are harboring ugly thoughts towards you.
8) You feel watched.
9) You can get sexually aroused (depending what type of attack and where it comes from – you will need to ask discernment from the Holy Spirit on this, or ask a spiritual mature person to assist you with this).
PROTECTION FROM PSYCHIC ATTACKS.
1) Prayer, praise and prayer!
2) Always walk in forgiveness – be first!
3) Do NOT retaliate and pray soulish prayers back to “punish” the person or to ask Father God to do them harm. It is called charismatic witchcraft and is VERY wrong. Rather pray that the Lord Jesus draws them to Him with cords of Love. Pray for revelation of who Christ is and pray 1 Cor 13 into their lives. Love is more likely to make any person repent.
4) Do not gossip about the guilty parties, show yourself as a better person and speak life and blessings over them. Speak over them what you would like for yourself.
5) Act in the opposite spirit, always be polite and loving, even if you have to bite on your teeth in the process. It becomes easier the more you practice this.
6) Pray that THEY will be protected from this sin, because they will always receive more back of what they sow.
7) Remain Joyful – the Joy of the Lord is your strength!
8) Don’t LOOK for psychic attacks and focus all your attention on such negativity. Do “spring cleaning” when you feel necessary, but your focus should be on God and your divine purpose not others.
9) Hide behind the Cross and the Blood of Jesus, pray aloud and bind any demons that might have been sent to you.
Hope this blessed you! Lots of Love and Joy to you!!